Ensuring rigorous, relevant learning experiences that result in high achievement for all our students
Mission Statement - Polk County School Board
The mission of the Polk County School Board is to provide a high quality education for all students
Mission Statement - Bartow Middle School
Our mission is to create an environment in which students will develop skills for life while achieving academic success.
Vision Statement - Bartow Middle School
The staff at Bartow Middle School strives first and foremost to enhance
academic excellence and personal growth through a variety of experiences.
Experiences at BMS will provide students with the chance to develop a set of core values including teamwork, leadership, high ethical standards, and self confidence, while stressing the importance of school and community.
We are committed to providing teachers who will motivate each student to excel in these qualities. Students are expected to reflect the expectations of Bartow Middle School and contribute to the quality of their campus experiences.
Bartow Middle School intends to provide a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to display these qualities at and away from school that will benefit them beyond graduation.
Teacher and School-Related Employee of the Year
The staff members at Bartow Middle School have selected 2 amazing men as our Teacher of the Year and School Related Employee of the Year. Both of these men have been at our school for many years and are a very important part of our family. We are fortunate to have them on our staff and proud to nominate them for district-wide honors. These men are:
- Gerald Tucker - Resource Teacher - Teacher of the Year
- Tyrone Cooper - Head Custodian - School-Related Employee of the Year
NO BACKPACKS - We will not be
using backpacks at Bartow Middle School during the 2013-2014 school year.
The school will provide all students with the appropriate binder, small
backpack, and basic school supplies at the start of the year. See the
"Supply List" page for course-specific supplies to be purchased
We will provide paper and pencils at the start of the year. Students will be expected to provide their own paper/pencils when the initial supply runs out.
The binder/string bag program is designed to teach our students important organizational skills - click here for more information.
Bartow Middle Gives Back
Toys for Tots
We are collecting new, unwrapped toys for the Toys for Tots program. Donations will be accepted in the front office until the start of Winter Break (12/20/12).
The Fine Arts Club will be selling World's Finest Chocolate bars from Nov 20 through Dec 16. Candy bars are $1.00 each. Sales support the programs in Drama, Chorus, and Keyboard. For additional information contact Mrs. Huett or Mrs. Phifer.
Monthly Newsletters - The Stinger Newzzz
Recently our School Resource Officer presented some information to all of our students. This information included a description of what is considered bullying as well as possible consequences. To see his presentation, click here.
The Polk County School Board and Bartow Middle School take the issue of bullying - and cyberbullying - very seriously. Anti-bullying training is conducted district wide for all students each year. Our students will be receiving this information in a structured format between the dates of September 13th and 23rd. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues:
- Bullying Information and Prevention
- Cyberbullying flyer in English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole
- School Board Bullying Information page
- Federal Government Bullying Information website
Pre-Order your Yearbook
Pre-order price for 2013-2014 yearbooks is $30.00. ($5.00 extra to have your name stamped on the cover) Go to the yearbook page for ordering instructions.
If you know you will be checking your student out before the end of the school day:
- Send a note with your student stating the date/time for checkout
- The student will report to the front office when arriving at school and turn in the note
- Office staff will give the student a pass for the pickup time
- The student will give the pass to the appropriate teacher and be released to come to the office to wait for parent pickup
Dates to Remember
- 12/9/13 - Chorus Concert - Bartow High School - 7pm
- 12/11/13 - Interim reports go home
- 12/20-13 - Last day before Winter Break
- 1/7/14 - Return from Winter Break
- 1/16/14 - Last day of 2nd 9-weeks grading period
- 1/17/14 - Teacher work day - no school
- 1/20/14 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - no school
- 1/30/14 - Report cards go home
Chorus/Piano Student Events
- 1/31/14 - 2/1/14 - Vocal Solo/Ensemble - Rochelle School of the Arts
- 3/11/14 - All County Piano - Harrison School of the Arts 7pm
- 3/20/14 - Chorus MPA - Tenoroc High School
Sports at Bartow Middle School
We will be offering Extramural Sports this year. Details/schedules are
still being worked out - check back often for more information.
All students wishing to participate in sports must have a completed physical and consent form. Forms are available in the Main Office and in the Discipline Office.
- 1st 9 weeks: Girls basketball; Boys and Girls Cross Country
- 2nd 9 weeks: Boys Basketball schedule; Girls Volleyball Schedule
- 3rd 9 weeks: Girls and Boys Soccer
- 4th 9 weeks: Boys and Girls Track; Boys and Girls Tennis
Polk County District Resources/Information
- 2013-2014 School Calendar
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Español & Kreyòl Ayisyen
- PCSB Nondiscrimination Statement
- Code of Student Conduct / Parent Guide
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
Money Collected/Items Sold at School
Effectively immediately all purchases/payments at Bartow Middle School must be made by check or paid in cash using exact change.
This applies to all monies collected at the school from students or adults – including (but not limited to): T-shirt sales, library fines, field trip fees, club dues, and fund raiser payments.
Money orders MAY be accepted for some field trips - at the discretion of the
field trip sponsor.
District policy forbids us from making change for any reason. We are also unable to accept any bills larger than $20.
Agriculture Program Study Resources
- Florida FFA Tool ID CDE Samples
- Tool ID - Nursery Contest
- Equipment Identification
- Tree Disorders
- Tree ID (County) #1 - short version
- Scientific Name Tips
Local Business Partners
Bartow Middle School would like to thank our local business partners. Please support these area businesses which have supported our school.
- Aeromed Tampa General Hospital
- Bartow Ford
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- C & E Imprinted Sportswear, Inc
- Community Southern Bank
- Mid-Florida Schools Credit Union
- Office Depot
- Palace Pizza
- Publix Pharmacy of Bartow
- Walgreens Pharmacy of Bartow
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy of Bartow