Ensuring rigorous, relevant learning experiences that result in high achievement for all our students
Mission Statement - Polk County School Board
The mission of the Polk County School Board is to provide a high quality education for all students
Mission Statement - Bartow Middle School
Our mission is to create an environment in which students will develop skills for life while achieving academic success.
Vision Statement - Bartow Middle School
The staff at Bartow Middle School strives first and foremost to enhance
academic excellence and personal growth through a variety of experiences.
Experiences at BMS will provide students with the chance to develop a set of core values including teamwork, leadership, high ethical standards, and self confidence, while stressing the importance of school and community.
We are committed to providing teachers who will motivate each student to excel in these qualities. Students are expected to reflect the expectations of Bartow Middle School and contribute to the quality of their campus experiences.
Bartow Middle School intends to provide a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to display these qualities at and away from school that will benefit them beyond graduation.
Report cards/FCAT reports available
You may stop by and pick up your student's final Report Card and FCAT scores in the front office. Office hours are 8-5 Monday through Thursday. Due to construction in the front parking lot, please park in the side lot (Jackson Street) and enter through the doors to the cafeteria. Signs in the hall will direct you to the front office.
Parent Portal - Information Verification
If you have access to your student's information through the Parent
Portal, please take a moment to sign in and verify your contact information.
Doing this will eliminate the need for you to update your Emergency Contact
card when school starts in August.
If you do not have Parent Portal access, you may stop by the office during the summer with your picture ID and we will give you your password.
Algebra EOC - Resources
Resources to help students prepare for the Algebra I and Geometry EOC assessment this summer have been added to the District Math Website. Click here and go to the "Algebra I EOC and Geometry EOC Resources for Summer Assessments" link on that page.
New School Hours
In order to create uniformity throughout Polk County Public Schools, school bell schedules will change beginning in the new school year 2014 - 2015. Our new start time will be 9:00 AM and our new end time will be 3:59 PM.
The state Department of Education has selected a new test to replace the FCAT 2.0 currently in use. The new test will be in use beginning with the 2014-2015 school year. Click here to read the Commissioner's Message to Parents.
Interested in Robotics? Need something to do this summer?
Pre-Medical Academy Applications
8th grade students interested in applying for a position in the Bartow
Middle School Pre-Medical Academy for the 2014-2015 school year must apply
by March 31,2014.
Click here to go to the online application.
For additional information contact Mr. Belo.
Monthly Newsletters - The Stinger Newzzz
Recently our School Resource Officer presented some information to all of our students. This information included a description of what is considered bullying as well as possible consequences. To see his presentation, click here.
The Polk County School Board and Bartow Middle School take the issue of bullying - and cyberbullying - very seriously. Anti-bullying training is conducted district wide for all students each year. Our students will be receiving this information in a structured format between the dates of September 13th and 23rd. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues:
- Bullying Information and Prevention
- Cyberbullying flyer in English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole
- School Board Bullying Information Page
- School Board Bullying Reporting Form
- Federal Government Bullying Information website
Dates to Remember
- 8/14/14 - Orientation for 2014-2015 school year
- 9:30 am - 11:00 am OR
- 4:30 pm- 6:00 pm You do not need to attend both sessions
- 8/18/14 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2014-2015
Enrolling Students for 2014-2015 School Year
- 5th grade students currently attending a Bartow Middle feeder school (Alturas Elem, Floral Ave Elem, Gibbons St Elem, Highlands City Elem, Stephens Elem, or Spessard Holland Elem) who live in our school zone will be automatically enrolled with us to start the new school year.
- 6th and 7th grade students currently attending Bartow Middle will still be registered with us for the new school year.
- Students new to our zone MUST register before school starts. Registration can be started on-line. Our office will be open beginning Monday July 28, 2015 for in-person registration and to finalize on-line registration.
- For complete registration information, and access to the on-line form, visit the PCSB Registration Page.
Polk County District Resources/Information
- Tech Focus Newsletter
- School Calendar Page - Calendars and Mobile Links
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Español & Kreyòl Ayisyen
- PCSB Nondiscrimination Statement
- Code of Student Conduct / Parent Guide
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
Money Collected/Items Sold at School
Effectively immediately all purchases/payments at Bartow Middle School must be made by check or paid in cash using exact change.
This applies to all monies collected at the school from students or adults – including (but not limited to): T-shirt sales, library fines, field trip fees, club dues, and fund raiser payments.
Money orders MAY be accepted for some field trips - at the discretion of the
field trip sponsor.
District policy forbids us from making change for any reason. We are also unable to accept any bills larger than $20.
Agriculture Program Study Resources
- Florida FFA Tool ID CDE Samples
- Tool ID - Nursery Contest
- Equipment Identification
- Tree Disorders
- Tree ID (County) #1 - short version
- Scientific Name Tips
- Polk County Youth Fair 2014
Local Business Partners
Bartow Middle School would like to thank our local business partners. Please support these area businesses which have supported our school.
- Aeromed Tampa General Hospital
- Bartow Ford
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- C & E Imprinted Sportswear, Inc
- Community Southern Bank
- Mid-Florida Schools Credit Union
- Office Depot
- Palace Pizza
- Publix Pharmacy of Bartow
- Walgreens Pharmacy of Bartow
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy of Bartow