one voice, one direction, one destination ......unlimited student achievement
Mission Statement - Polk County School Board
The mission of the Polk County School Board is to provide a high quality education for all students
Mission Statement - Bartow Middle School
Bartow Middle School will ensure that ALL students have the skills necessary to reach high levels of academic achievement, respect self and others, and become lifelong learners.
Vision Statement - Bartow Middle School
The vision of Bartow Middle School is to create a collaborative learning
environment that emphasizes student accountability for growth and success.
Students and staff will work together to maintain a safe and positive
environment. This will be accomplished in a climate that promotes high
expectations and strives to meet individual needs.
Sports at Bartow Middle School
We will be offering intra-mural sports again this year at Bartow Middle. In order to participate, your student must turn in a physical exam report dated June 1, 2015 or later.
- 1st quarter - Girls Basketball
- 2nd quarter - Boys Basketball (schedule), Girls Volleyball (schedule)
- 3rd quarter - Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer
- 4th quarter - Boys Track, Girls Track
NJHS Service Hours
All members of the National Junior Honor Societe (NJHS) are required to complete a minimum number of service hours each semester. Click here for the log sheet.
Free Breakfast and Lunch 2015-2016
Beginning with the 2015-2016 school year, Bartow Middle will be offering free breakfast and lunch to all students. Normal lunch procedures will still apply, students must choose a balanced meal and go through the register so that we can record the number of meals provided. Extra items will still be available, but students will be required to pay for them.
POLICY CHANGE --- PLEASE READ --- EFFECTIVE JAN 20, 2015
At Bartow Middle School, we take the safety of your child(ren) very seriously. We have been reviewing our school-wide policies/procedures and have identified an area in which we need to make an immediate change to the way we do things.
Effective with the beginning of the 2nd semester (Jan 20, 2015) we will no longer take transportation changes over the phone. According to district policy, we must verify identity with a picture ID which cannot be done over the phone.
This means that you will need to work out transportation issues with your child(ren) at home and make sure they know how they are to get home from school before they come in the morning. A note written in the agenda for the student to refer to might be helpful.
We understand that occasionally emergency situations will arise. If you have such an emergency, please call the school – an administrator will address these on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions, please call the school at 863-534-7415.
Monthly Newsletters - The Hive
- 10/22/15 - Click HERE to see the first issue of our new student-made newsletter - The Hive! Use your School Login/ID to open the newsletter, use the scroll button on your mouse, or the arrows in the bottom right corner to move through the pages.
The Polk County School Board and Bartow Middle School take the issue of bullying - and cyberbullying - very seriously. Anti-bullying training is conducted district wide for all students each year. Our students will be receiving this information in a structured format between the dates of September 13th and 23rd. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues:
- Bullying Information and Prevention
- Cyberbullying flyer in English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole
- School Board Bullying Information Page
- School Board Bullying Reporting Form
- Federal Government Bullying Information website
Dates to Remember
- 11/23/15 - 11/27/15 - Thanksgiving Holidays - no school
- 12/11/15 - Interim reports go home this week
- 12/18/15 - Last day before Winter Break
- 1/4/16 - Students and staff return from Winter Break
- 1/18/16 - Holiday - no school
- 1/22/16 - end of 1st semester
- 1/25/16 - Teacher work day - no school
- 2/4/16 - Report cards go home
Polk County District Resources/Information
- Tech Focus Newsletter
- School Calendar Page - Calendars and Mobile Links
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Español & Kreyòl Ayisyen
- PCSB Nondiscrimination Statement
- Parent Guide and Code of Student Conduct
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
Money Collected/Items Sold at School
Effectively immediately all purchases/payments at Bartow Middle School must be made by check or paid in cash using exact change.
This applies to all monies collected at the school from students or adults – including (but not limited to): T-shirt sales, library fines, field trip fees, club dues, and fund raiser payments.
Money orders MAY be accepted for some field trips - at the discretion of the
field trip sponsor.
District policy forbids us from making change for any reason. We are also unable to accept any bills larger than $20.
Agriculture Program Study Resources
- Florida FFA Tool ID CDE Samples
- Tool ID - Nursery Contest
- Equipment Identification
- Tree Disorders
- Tree ID (County) #1 - short version
- Scientific Name Tips
- Polk County Youth Fair 2014
Local Business Partners
Bartow Middle School would like to thank our local business partners. Please support these area businesses which have supported our school.
- Aeromed Tampa General Hospital
- Bartow Ford
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- C & E Imprinted Sportswear, Inc
- Community Southern Bank
- Mid-Florida Schools Credit Union
- Office Depot
- Palace Pizza
- Publix Pharmacy of Bartow
- Walgreens Pharmacy of Bartow
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy of Bartow