Ensuring rigorous, relevant learning experiences that result in high achievement for all our students
Mission Statement - Polk County School Board
The mission of the Polk County School Board is to provide a high quality education for all students
Mission Statement - Bartow Middle School
Our mission is to create an environment in which students will develop skills for life while achieving academic success.
Vision Statement - Bartow Middle School
The staff at Bartow Middle School strives first and foremost to enhance
academic excellence and personal growth through a variety of experiences.
Experiences at BMS will provide students with the chance to develop a set of core values including teamwork, leadership, high ethical standards, and self confidence, while stressing the importance of school and community.
We are committed to providing teachers who will motivate each student to excel in these qualities. Students are expected to reflect the expectations of Bartow Middle School and contribute to the quality of their campus experiences.
Bartow Middle School intends to provide a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to display these qualities at and away from school that will benefit them beyond graduation.
Parent Involvement Information
November is Parent Involvement month in Florida. Polk County's Family Week is Nov 14-22.
- Summary of programs
- Governor's Proclamation
- Pledge for Parental Involvement Spanish Haitian Creole
- Family Week brochure
- Parent Center contact list
- Books Bridge information
- Parental Involvement Video Contest
Pizza Hut Fundraiser
The Bartow Pizza Hut has agreed to host monthly fundraisers for our school. On these dates, they will donate up to 20% of sales to Bartow Middle School. In order for us to receive the donation, customers must present a voucher at the time of order. Vouchers will be sent home with students monthly, or you can print them below:
- Thu Dec 4, 2014 - voucher
The state Department of Education has selected a new test to replace the FCAT 2.0 currently in use. The new test will be in use beginning with the 2014-2015 school year. Click here to read the Commissioner's Message to Parents.
Aladdin Photo Album
Click here to see some photos from our production of Aladdin, Jr. April 2014.
Monthly Newsletters - The Stinger Newzzz
Recently our School Resource Officer presented some information to all of our students. This information included a description of what is considered bullying as well as possible consequences. To see his presentation, click here.
The Polk County School Board and Bartow Middle School take the issue of bullying - and cyberbullying - very seriously. Anti-bullying training is conducted district wide for all students each year. Our students will be receiving this information in a structured format between the dates of September 13th and 23rd. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues:
- Bullying Information and Prevention
- Cyberbullying flyer in English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole
- School Board Bullying Information Page
- School Board Bullying Reporting Form
- Federal Government Bullying Information website
Dates to Remember
- 12/10/14 - Band Holiday Concert - BHS Auditorium - 7:00 pm
- 12/11/14 - Algebra EOC exam
- 12/11/14 - Orchestra Holiday Concert - BHS Auditorium - 7:30 pm
- 12/14/14 - Summerlin Open House - 4:00-7:30
- 12/19/14 - Last day before Winter Break
- 1/5/15 - Students and Teachers return to school
Sports at Bartow Middle
- 1st quarter - season begins 8/25
- 2nd quarter - season begins 10/20
- 3rd quarter - season begins 1/12
- Boys and Girls Soccer - schedule
- 4th quarter - season begins 3/16
- Track and Field
Polk County District Resources/Information
- Tech Focus Newsletter
- School Calendar Page - Calendars and Mobile Links
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Español & Kreyòl Ayisyen
- PCSB Nondiscrimination Statement
- Parent Guide and Code of Student Conduct
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
Money Collected/Items Sold at School
Effectively immediately all purchases/payments at Bartow Middle School must be made by check or paid in cash using exact change.
This applies to all monies collected at the school from students or adults – including (but not limited to): T-shirt sales, library fines, field trip fees, club dues, and fund raiser payments.
Money orders MAY be accepted for some field trips - at the discretion of the
field trip sponsor.
District policy forbids us from making change for any reason. We are also unable to accept any bills larger than $20.
Agriculture Program Study Resources
- Florida FFA Tool ID CDE Samples
- Tool ID - Nursery Contest
- Equipment Identification
- Tree Disorders
- Tree ID (County) #1 - short version
- Scientific Name Tips
- Polk County Youth Fair 2014
Local Business Partners
Bartow Middle School would like to thank our local business partners. Please support these area businesses which have supported our school.
- Aeromed Tampa General Hospital
- Bartow Ford
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- C & E Imprinted Sportswear, Inc
- Community Southern Bank
- Mid-Florida Schools Credit Union
- Office Depot
- Palace Pizza
- Publix Pharmacy of Bartow
- Walgreens Pharmacy of Bartow
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy of Bartow