Ensuring rigorous, relevant learning experiences that result in high achievement for all our students
Mission Statement - Polk County School Board
The mission of the Polk County School Board is to provide a high quality education for all students
Mission Statement - Bartow Middle School
Our mission is to create an environment in which students will develop skills for life while achieving academic success.
Vision Statement - Bartow Middle School
The staff at Bartow Middle School strives first and foremost to enhance
academic excellence and personal growth through a variety of experiences.
Experiences at BMS will provide students with the chance to develop a set of core values including teamwork, leadership, high ethical standards, and self confidence, while stressing the importance of school and community.
We are committed to providing teachers who will motivate each student to excel in these qualities. Students are expected to reflect the expectations of Bartow Middle School and contribute to the quality of their campus experiences.
Bartow Middle School intends to provide a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to display these qualities at and away from school that will benefit them beyond graduation.
POLICY CHANGE --- PLEASE READ --- EFFECTIVE JAN 20, 2015
At Bartow Middle School, we take the safety of your child(ren) very seriously. We have been reviewing our school-wide policies/procedures and have identified an area in which we need to make an immediate change to the way we do things.
Effective with the beginning of the 2nd semester (Jan 20, 2015) we will no longer take transportation changes over the phone. According to district policy, we must verify identity with a picture ID which cannot be done over the phone.
This means that you will need to work out transportation issues with your child(ren) at home and make sure they know how they are to get home from school before they come in the morning. A note written in the agenda for the student to refer to might be helpful.
We understand that occasionally emergency situations will arise. If you have such an emergency, please call the school – an administrator will address these on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions, please call the school at 863-534-7415.
- January 2015 - find out what's new at Bartow Middle School!
Shrek the Musical, Jr
Live on the stage of Bartow High School ..... Bartow Middle School Fine Arts Department presents Shrek the Musical, Jr.
Advance tickets may be purchased at the door on the day of the show, or click here to purchase advance tickets online:
- 2/12/15 - 7pm
- 2/13/15 - 7pm
- 2/14/15 - 2pm & 6pm
- Ticket prices:
- Students: $5.00
- Adults: $7.00
Aladdin Photo Album
Click here to see some photos from our production of Aladdin, Jr. April 2014.
Monthly Newsletters - The Stinger Newzzz
Recently our School Resource Officer presented some information to all of our students. This information included a description of what is considered bullying as well as possible consequences. To see his presentation, click here.
The Polk County School Board and Bartow Middle School take the issue of bullying - and cyberbullying - very seriously. Anti-bullying training is conducted district wide for all students each year. Our students will be receiving this information in a structured format between the dates of September 13th and 23rd. Several resources are available to help parents and students understand and respond to these issues:
- Bullying Information and Prevention
- Cyberbullying flyer in English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole
- School Board Bullying Information Page
- School Board Bullying Reporting Form
- Federal Government Bullying Information website
Dates to Remember
- 1/30/15 - Report cards sent home
- 2/12/15 - 2/14/15 - Shrek The Musical
- 2/12 - 7pm
- 2/13 - 7m
- 2/14 - 2pm & 6pm
- 2/16/15 - President's Day - no school
- 2/25/15 - Interims go home
- 3/25/15 - end of 3rd 9 weeks
- 3/30-15-4/3/15 - Spring Break - no school
Sports at Bartow Middle
- 1st quarter - season begins 8/25
- 2nd quarter - season begins 10/20
- 3rd quarter - season begins 1/12
- Boys and Girls Soccer - schedule
- 4th quarter - season begins 3/16
- Track and Field
Polk County District Resources/Information
- Tech Focus Newsletter
- School Calendar Page - Calendars and Mobile Links
- Parent Forms and Documents
- Documentos en Español & Kreyòl Ayisyen
- PCSB Nondiscrimination Statement
- Parent Guide and Code of Student Conduct
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
Money Collected/Items Sold at School
Effectively immediately all purchases/payments at Bartow Middle School must be made by check or paid in cash using exact change.
This applies to all monies collected at the school from students or adults – including (but not limited to): T-shirt sales, library fines, field trip fees, club dues, and fund raiser payments.
Money orders MAY be accepted for some field trips - at the discretion of the
field trip sponsor.
District policy forbids us from making change for any reason. We are also unable to accept any bills larger than $20.
Agriculture Program Study Resources
- Florida FFA Tool ID CDE Samples
- Tool ID - Nursery Contest
- Equipment Identification
- Tree Disorders
- Tree ID (County) #1 - short version
- Scientific Name Tips
- Polk County Youth Fair 2014
Local Business Partners
Bartow Middle School would like to thank our local business partners. Please support these area businesses which have supported our school.
- Aeromed Tampa General Hospital
- Bartow Ford
- Bartow Regional Medical Center
- C & E Imprinted Sportswear, Inc
- Community Southern Bank
- Mid-Florida Schools Credit Union
- Office Depot
- Palace Pizza
- Publix Pharmacy of Bartow
- Walgreens Pharmacy of Bartow
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy of Bartow