Arrival and Dismissal
- Office Hours are from 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 7:45 bagged, and will be taken to the classroom.
- All students should be on campus and in classes by 7:50am.
- All car & day care riders will be dismissed at 3pm.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 3pm
- Bus riders will be dismissed as busses arrive.
- No Students May be checked out after 2pm
- Emergency Card and medical information should be updated in the main office as needed.
- All Changes in Dismissal must be submitted in writing. Phone calls can not be accepted.
Supply Lists for 2014-15 School Year (PDFs)
Breakfast and Lunch
Code of Conduct and Other School Policy
School Uniform & Dress Code:
- Tops: Hunter Green, Burgundy, Navy Blue, or White
- Bottoms: Khaki, or Denim
- School Uniform & Dress Code Information
Guidelines for homework amounts are as follows:
- Kindergarten: 15-30 minutes to include being read to.
- First grade: 20-30 minutes to include reading to.
- Second grade: 30-40 minutes to include reading with someone and independently
- Third grade: 30-45 minutes to include reading independently
- Fourth and Fifth: 45 minutes to include long-term projects, reports, and reading.
Reading Comprehension Skill Sequence
September Author’s Purpose
October Main Idea
November Text Elements (literary elements, text features, plot, etc.)
Embedded throughout the year:
· Reference and Research
Latest Bullying Resources
Standing Tall Newsletters
Visitors on Campus:
Please all visitors check in at office.
Please notify the office immediately if a child is moving or changing schools.
Two celebrations will take place during the year. A party in December to coincide with winter holidays and a party in June. Birthday parties are not permitted at school.
Volunteering for Our School
We welcome and encourage any parent to become an Official Volunteer. We can always benefit from a extra pair of hands to help assist us in the classroom and lunchroom. If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer, please contact the Office.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at our school, you must first fill out an online application and be approved by the district.
Attention, new volunteers!
Volunteers are an important part of our school family. To maintain campus security, new volunteers undergo a Florida Department of Law Enforcement background check at a cost of $25. This is a one time, tax-deductible fee for prospective volunteers
La oficina de la escuela puede confirmar su estatus de aprobación. Si actualmente usted no es voluntario en la escuela, imprima una solicitud en www.polk-fl.net, busque: “Volunteer”. Devuelva la solicitud a la oficina con un giro postal por $ 25 a nombre de “Polk County School Board”.
Una vez aprobado/a, se le emitirá una insignia de la Junta del Condado de Polk para usarla cuando se esté en el campus como voluntario/a.