Making Tracks Towards Excellence
Mulberry High School serves just over 1000 students in the greater Mulberry area. The faculty and staff at MHS are dedicated and determined to provide a rigorous and relevant education to Mulberry's high school-aged students. Winners are We....Mulberry!
Silver Garland Award Winner!
On Monday evening, the Silver Garland awards, honoring student volunteer work, were presented to eleven high school students. Mulberry High School is proud to announce that one of our nominees, Raymond Woodruff, won the award in the Music Category! Raymond's nomination application read: "A dedicated student and musician, Raymond has maintained a high GPA while being dual-enrolled at Polk State College and achieving recognition for his musical abilities. Although he prioritizes academics, Raymond has developed into a strong leader as drum major in the Mulberry High School marching band and as a coach and tutor for students at Mulberry Middle. He also helps critique students who participate in activities such as All-County Band, in which he has been accepted three times, and Solo and Ensemble, in which he has received superior marks." Raymond received a crystal trophy and $1000 to be used toward his education. Congratulations, Raymond! MHS is proud of you!
MHS JROTC Drill Team
This past weekend, our JROTC Drill Team competed at the National Championships in Daytona. The team placed 10th in the nation, competing against 65 other high schools and marched better than any team from the entire state of Florida. Congratulations to the members of the Drill Team on their accomplishment!
MHS Symphonic Band News
This past Thursday, our Symphonic Band performed at the State Concert MPA held at Florida Southern College. It was the 6th consecutive appearance for the band at this event and was by far the best performance we have had at State in many years. Our students earned STRAIGHT EXCELLENT ratings! Congratulations to the members of the Symphonic Band on an outstanding job!
Congratulations to Diana Xiong!
Diana recently passed her third Microsoft Office Specialist Industry Certification exam with a near perfect score. She is now certified in 2013 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Awesome job, Diana!
2015 Senior Calendar
Click on the following link to access the 2015 Senior Calendar, a compilation of events, dates, and information for our graduating seniors. 2015 Senior Calendar
MHS is happy to announce that the following seniors have been awarded scholarships for college:
Congratulations to the following seniors who have been accepted to college or have enlisted in the military. We wish them the best of luck!
- Gelimar Montes - University of Alabama
- Carlee Taphorn - University of South Florida
- Hanna Kell - University of South Florida
- Laurin Davis - Florida Southern College
- Shaila Warren - University of New York at Buffalo
- Marqualis Williams - Florida State University, The University of Florida, and University of South Florida
- Rebecca Schemp - Academy of the Arts in San Francisco, CA
- Ra'Keshia Johnson - Johnson and Wales University
- Samuel Rose - Southeastern University
- Paola Rosado - Miami International University of Art and Design
- Paige Coiana - Valencia Community College West
- Jared Taylor - Florida Polytechnic University
- Ayesha Mapp - Edward Waters College and Florida Memorial University
- Ashaley Williams - Edward Waters College
- Alisha Mason - Edward Waters College
- Tyrik Johnson - Edward Waters College and Johnson and Wales University
- Raymond Woodruff - University of Central Florida and Florida State University
- Briana Thomas - Edward Waters College
- Danielle Steck - Polk State College
- Allison Hallman - Florida State University
- Lorenz Berry - Webber International University
- Trevor Garmon - Southeastern University
- Chelsi Oswald - University of South Florida
- Jessica Kiefer - University of South Florida
- Alyssa Rager - Pierce College (California)
- Kailyn Ramos - Polk State College
- Angel Aponte - United States Navy
- Tabitha Castillo-Bardales - St. Petersburg College
- Jessica Munoz - Polk State College
- Brandon Murphy - Polk State College
- Nathan Rewis - Polk State College
- Wyatt Schmudlach - Polk State College
- Karen Tecon Gonzalez - Stanford Brown College
- Bryan Reed - Edward Waters College
- Deja Walls - Edward Waters College
- Joseph Lewis - Edward Waters College
Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
The School Nutrition Department will offer families the option of applying for free and reduced price meals through an on-line application. Paper applications will still be available for families who do not have internet access. On-line applications will greatly reduce the time that teachers and staff spend handling paper applications as well as the expense of printing. Most importantly, students will be approved for meal benefits much quicker.
Athletic Eligibility Forms
Preparticipation Physical Evaluation-EL2 and the Consent/Release from Liability Certificate-EL3. These two forms required by the FHSAA before a student-athlete can participate in any type of conditioning, workout, practices or contests are only available at each high school in the office of the athletic director. These two forms must be turned in directly to the Athletic Director. These forms contain additional statements which are specific to the School District of Polk County which require the signatures of the parent/guardian and student-athlete. For that reason, please do not download the EL2 and EL3 forms from the FHSAA website.
The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal
Parents can now access their student's information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom - all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this service!
- May 22 - Last Day for Seniors
- May 25 - School Holiday, Memorial Day
- May 27 - Senior Meeting, MHS Auditorium
- May 29 - Senior Awards Night, MHS Auditorium
- May 31 - Baccalaureate Service, MHS Auditorium
- June 1 - Graduation, Lakeland Center
- June 4 - Early Dismissal Day, Last Day for Students, End of 4th 9-Week Grading Period, End of 2nd Semester
- June 5 - Teacher Work Day