Making Tracks Towards Excellence
Mulberry High School serves just over 1000 students in the greater Mulberry area. The faculty and staff at MHS are dedicated and determined to provide a rigorous and relevant education to Mulberry's high school-aged students. Winners are We....Mulberry!
2015 Polk State College Open Houses
Polk State College has announced the following dates and times for Open Houses: Thursday, April 9th, 5-7pm, at the Lakeland campus located at 3425 Winter Lake Road and Thursday, April 16th, 5-7pm, at the Winter Haven campus located at 999 Avenue H NE. Students will be able to meet faculty, complete an application, meet with financial aid, get started on FAFSA (free application for federal student aid), tour the campus, find out about student life, and enter to win a scholarship. All interested students should make plans to attend!
FBLA State Leadership Conference
FBLA members Justin Blansit, Briana Gomez, Gelimar Montes, and Kameron Woody participated in the FBLA State Leadership Conference last weekend in Orlando. These students showed an outstanding level of professionalism at this year's competition. Objective test results are still being calculated, but we can celebrate Gelimar Montes' Help Desk competition ranking of #6 in the entire state of Florida! Her placement was just one place shy for final round placement for the National Leadership Conference in Chicago. We congratulate all of the students for a job well done!
Congratulations to Joe Lewis!
We are excited to announce that Joe Lewis has been chosen to perform with the Polk All-County Jazz Band! He will be performing with this group on April 25th at the Superintendent's Fine Arts Festival. We are very proud of Joe!
Congratulations to our Panther Battalion Drill Team for their performance at the District Drill Meet this past Saturday at Summerlin Academy. Our team returned to MHS with a total of 10 trophies, ranging from 1st Place to 3rd Place! This team is truly AWESOME! Their next competition is the Florida State Drill Meet on April 11th, followed by Nationals. We are very proud of our Drill Team!
Winterguard/Dance Team News
The competitive MHS Winterguard/Dance team recently competed in the FFCC East River High School competition and earned 5th place. Their next performance will be at the Florida Federation of Colorguard Circuit State Championships in Daytona Beach on March 27th. Congratulations to the Winterguard students and good luck at the state competition! GO PANTHERS!!
Congratulations to the following seniors who have been accepted to college. We wish them the best of luck!
- Gelimar Montes - University of Alabama
- Carlee Taphorn - University of South Florida
- Hanna Kell - University of South Florida
- Laurin Davis - Florida Southern College
- Shaila Warren - University of New York at Buffalo
- Marqualis Williams - Florida State University and The University of Florida
- Rebecca Schemp - Academy of the Arts in San Francisco, CA
- Ra'Keshia Johnson - Johnson and Wales University
- Samuel Rose - Southeastern University
- Paola Rosado - Miami International University of Art and Design
- Paige Coiana - Valencia Community College West
- Jared Taylor - Florida Polytechnic University
- Ayesha Mapp - Edward Waters College
- Ashaley Williams - Edward Waters College
- Alisha Mason - Edward Waters College
- Tyrik Johnson - Edward Waters College
- Raymond Woodruff - University of Central Florida
- Briana Thomas - Edward Waters College
- Danielle Steck - Polk State College
- Allison Hallman - Florida State University
Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
The School Nutrition Department will offer families the option of applying for free and reduced price meals through an on-line application. Paper applications will still be available for families who do not have internet access. On-line applications will greatly reduce the time that teachers and staff spend handling paper applications as well as the expense of printing. Most importantly, students will be approved for meal benefits much quicker.
Athletic Eligibility Forms
Preparticipation Physical Evaluation-EL2 and the Consent/Release from Liability Certificate-EL3. These two forms required by the FHSAA before a student-athlete can participate in any type of conditioning, workout, practices or contests are only available at each high school in the office of the athletic director. These two forms must be turned in directly to the Athletic Director. These forms contain additional statements which are specific to the School District of Polk County which require the signatures of the parent/guardian and student-athlete. For that reason, please do not download the EL2 and EL3 forms from the FHSAA website.
The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal
Parents can now access their student's information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom - all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this service!
- March 30 - April 3 - Spring Break
- April 14 - Distribute Report Cards
- April 25 - Junior/Senior Prom, Lake Ashton Country Club in Lake Wales
- May 22 - Last Day for Seniors
- May 25 - School Holiday, Memorial Day
- May 27 - Senior Meeting, MHS Auditorium
- May 29 - Senior Awards Night, MHS Auditorium
- May 31 - Baccalaureate Service, MHS Auditorium
- June 1 - Graduation, Lakeland Center
- June 4 - Early Dismissal Day, Last Day for Students, End of 4th 9-Week Grading Period, End of 2nd Semester
- June 5 - Teacher Work Day