Welcome to Our Website
We, the Alta Vista family, commit to working together in making reflective decisions, thus creating an environment where children love to learn and teachers love to teach.
The Last Book Fair of the School Year
The Book Fair will be back April 13th through 17th. This is the last book fair of the 2014-2015 school year. It will be open daily from 8:30am-2:15pm with special hours Thursday, April 16th from 3:00pm-6:00pm.
The last conference night of the year will be held Thursday, April 16th from 4:00pm-6:00pm. Please see your child's teacher to sign up for a conference.
FSA Testing Continues
Fifth grade students will be taking the FSA on the following days:
Reading - April 21st & April 22nd
Math - April 28th & April 29th
Science - May 5th & 6th
The following forms are needed to register your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Blue Immunization Card
- Physical Form from Doctor
- 2 Proofs of Resident Address
You may also visit the Parent Portal at any time to register. Click here to do so. Once you have completed the online process, bring in your confirmation number, as well as, the items listed above.
Information on cyberbullying and how to protect your children is now available online. Please take a moment to review the resources on our Guidance page.
Correct Emergency Information??
Please make sure the office has correct information in case of an emergency with your child.
- April 10th - Spring Pictures
- April 14th - Report Cards Home
- April 13th - 17th - Book Fair
- April 16th - Open House #4 - Conference Night
- April 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th, May 5th, 6th - FSA Testing - Fifth Grade
- May 7th - Interim Reports Distributed
- May 20th - Young Author's Conference
- May 25th - Holiday - no school
- May 26th - Kindergarten Awards (@9:15)
- June 1st - 1st Grade Awards (@8:15)
- June 2nd - 2nd & 3rd Grade Awards (2nd @8:15; 3rd @9:15)
- May 3rd - 4th & 5th Grade Awards (4th @8:15; 5th @9:15)
- June 4th - Last Day of School - Early Release 12:30
No students are to be on campus before 7:30AM, as there is no supervision. Breakfast service will now take place in the classroom beginning at 7:55AM.
Car Riders are assigned a number. This number is to be displayed on the window of the car for pickup.
Car riders are to be picked up beginning at 2:55p.m. All car riders should be picked up before 3:20p.m. After 3:20p.m. students will be in the office. Parents will have to park and go to office to get students.