Welcome to Our Website
We, the Alta Vista family, commit to working together in making reflective decisions, thus creating an environment where children love to learn and teachers love to teach.
Happy Hornets Kindergarten Pre-registration
On Wednesday, March 5th, we will be holding a special pre-registration event. If you have a child who will turn five years old by September, come in to pre-register them for next year's Kindergarten class.
The event will take place in Alta Vista's Media Center from 9:00am to 2:00pm and again from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. You will be able to register your child and take a tour of one of our Kindergarten classrooms.
Be sure to bring the following with you:
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Up-to-date physical and shot records for the child
- Two current proofs of residency
You may also visit the Parent Portal at any time to pre-register. Click here.
Information on cyberbullying and how to protect your children is now available online. Please take a moment to review these resources.
There is also information on our district website under Students and Parents. Resources can be found by typing the word "bullying" in the search box. Here you can find definitions, ways to prevent cyberbullying, how to report it, a question and answer section, as well as additional links for resources.
Classes for Families
Polk County is offering several workshops which are available to parents. For more information, click the link below.
Correct Emergency Information??
Please make sure the office has correct information in case of an emergency with your child.
Kindergarten Registration Child must be 5 before September 1st. The following forms are needed to register your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Blue Immunization Card
- Physical Form from Doctor
- 2 Proofs of Resident Address
- March 5th - Kindergarten Pre-Registration Event 9:00am-2:00pm; 5:00-6:00pm
- March 20th - Spring Fling 5:00-7:00PM
- March 24th-28th - Spring Holidays
- April 9th - Early Release 12:15
- April 14th - Report Cards Home
- April 18th - Holiday - no school
- April 22nd - April 25th - FCAT Testing
- May 7th - Early Release 12:15
- May 8th - Open House #4 - Interim Reports Distributed 4:00-6:00PM
- May 26th - Holiday - no school
No students are to be on campus before 7:15AM, as there is no supervision. Breakfast service will now take place in the classroom beginning at 7:40AM.
Car Riders are assigned a number. This number is to be displayed on the window of the car for pickup.
Car riders are to be picked up beginning at 2:40p.m. All car riders should be picked up before 3:00p.m. After 3:00p.m. students will be in the office. Parents will have to park and go to office to get students.