Welcome to Our Website
We, the Alta Vista family, commit to working together in making reflective decisions, thus creating an environment where children love to learn and teachers love to teach.
Information on cyberbullying and how to protect your children is now available online. Please take a moment to review these resources.
There is also information on our district website under Students and Parents. Resources can be found by typing the word "bullying" in the search box. Here you can find definitions, ways to prevent cyberbullying, how to report it, a question and answer section, as well as additional links for resources.
Classes for Families
Polk County is offering several workshops which are available to parents. For more information, click the link below.
Correct Emergency Information??
Please make sure the office has correct information in case of an emergency with your child.
Kindergarten Registration Child must be 5 before September 1st. The following forms are needed to register your child:
- Birth Certificate
- Blue Immunization Card
- Physical Form from Doctor
- 2 Proofs of Resident Address
- December 23rd-January 6th - Winter Break
- January 7th - Students Return from Winter Break
- January 17th - Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day
- January 30th - Report Cards Home
- February 5th - Early Release 12:15
- February 17th - Holiday - no school
- February 20th - Open House #3 - Interim Reports Distributed 4:00-6:00PM
- February 25th - 26th - FCAT Writes
- March 20th - Spring Fling 5:00-7:00PM
- March 24th-28th - Spring Holidays
No students are to be on campus before 7:15AM, as there is no supervision. Breakfast service will now take place in the classroom beginning at 7:40AM.
Car Riders are assigned a number. This number is to be displayed on the window of the car for pickup.
Car riders are to be picked up beginning at 2:40p.m. All car riders should be picked up before 3:00p.m. After 3:00p.m. students will be in the office. Parents will have to park and go to office to get students.