Bethune Academy - We are a STEM School
Bethune Academy is built on a strong foundation of high expectations for the whole child in a nurturing environment. A special culture has been developed at Bethune Academy which inspires a spirit of tradition, family, celebrations and community service.
Bethune Academy values the unique qualities of each person and believes that everyone has the capacity to learn. We expect all learners to attend and show effort, meet the required curriculum, develop responsibility, citizenship, and leadership.
It is our vision to be a leader in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education by inspiring and preparing generations of critical and creative thinkers to meet the challenges of a global society through innovation and collaboration.
- Cyberbullying: Standing Tall (English)
- Cyberbullying: Standing Tall (Spanish)
- Cyberbullying: Standing Tall (Haitian Creole)
Community Meeting with Superintendent:
- In an effort to connect with members of the community and share the educational goals for the School District, Superintendent of Schools Kathryn LeRoy will host a meeting for District 2 with School Board Member Lori Cunningham.
- Bethune families are encouraged to attend the meeting on Tuesday, October 1st (6:00PM - 7:00PM). The location of the meeting is: Ridge Community High School, 500 Orchid Drive, Davenport FL 33837.
- Please click here for more information and other available meetings.
During School Hours:
- When children arrive after the tardy bell, a parent must walk them to The Front Office for a tardy slip. The gate at the car rider area will be locked at 8:30 and remain locked for the remainder of the school day.
- All parents and visitors must check in at The Front Office when entering the campus.
- Please make sure students are prepared with proper Bethune Academy uniforms. Click here to view guidelines and vendors.
Bethune Academy Events
November 4-5, 2013: Kindergarten Portfolio Conferences (by appointment)
Tuesday, November 5, 2013: SAC Meeting at 7:30 a.m.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013: Report Cards will be sent home
Wednesday, November 6, 2013: PTA hosts a Non-uniform day
Thursday, November 7, 2013: 2nd Grade Portfolio Conferences (by appointment)
Monday, November 11, 2013: Veterans' Day Program at 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013: 5th Grade Portfolio Conferences (by appointment)
Thursday, November 14, 2013: 4th Grade Portfolio Conferences (by appointment)
Friday, November 15, 2013: PTA hosts Fall Festival
Wednesday, November 20, 2013: Great American Teach-In
Friday, November 22, 2013: Spirit Day and STEM Celebration
Monday-Friday, November 25-29, 2013: NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Holiday)
Wednesday, December 4, 2013: Early Dismissal (Bethune students dismissed at 12:30)
Monday, December 2, 2013: Interim Reports are distributed
Friday, December 20, 2013: Spirit Day and STEM Celebration
Friday, December 20, 2013: Last day of school before Winter Holidays
Tuesday, January 7, 2014: Students return to school
Congratulations to Bethune Academy's Teacher of the Year 2014, Amanda Bataille. Mrs. Bataille teaches 5th grade Language Arts. Our wonderful Network Manager, Tyann Bowen, is our School Related Employee of the Year 2014. We are very proud of their dedication to the children and staff at Bethune Academy. These two ladies were chosen by the staff to represent all of the people who work at Bethune Academy.
Pictured: Mrs. Bataille (left) and Mrs. Bowen (right)
Calendar for Polk County Schools
Early Dismissal Days: There are five Early Dismissal Days during the 2013-14 school year. Please make adjustments in your schedule for children to be dismissed from school 2-1/2 hours early. The bus routes will run according to the Early Dismissal schedule.
To refer to the Early Dismissal letter, please click here for English, Spanish and Haitian Creole.
Bethune Academy will release students at 12:30 p.m. on the following Early Dismissal Dates: