The purpose of the Guidance Department is to assist teachers, students and parents to function effectively in the educational program of the school.
The Guidance Department handles the following situations:
- Individual/Group Counseling
- Enrolling New Students
- Staffing ESE Students
- 504 Plans
- Homebound Students
- Distribution of Report Cards
- Maintaining Cumulative Folders
- Student Scheduling
- Transfer of Student Grades for New Enrollees
- Liaison for Elementary and High Schools
- Career Education/Blueprint Specialist
- Bus Routes
- Assistance with Standardized Testing
- Educational Support Groups
- Student Success Skills Training
- Peer Mediation Training and Services
Guidance Counselor for C.A.S.E Academy, STEAM Academy & E2020 students.
Guidance Counselor for 6th, 7th & 8th Grade CLMS students.
The ESE Facilitator:
- Monitors and assures the compliance of IEP completion and reevaluations
- ESE discipline procedures
- Develops, trains and assists staff in implementing programs
- Assists teachers in meeting student needs
- Works with teams in providing the least restrictive environment for learning.
Newsletters & Resources
The following documents (in PDF format) contain valuable, district-approved information for parents, students, and staff members.
- Improving Academic Achievement: Writing Tips
- Improving Academic Achievement: Math Tips
- Improving Academic Achievement: Reading Tips
- Living in a Culturally Diverse World
- Helping a Child After a Death: Tips for Parents
- Unwrapping Your Child's "Gifts"
- Everyday Moments: Finding "quality time" in American working families