School Media Center
Media Specialist: Shelley Castle
Our Media Center is a user-friendly facility with over thirteen thousand volumes from which to choose. We also house 15 computers that can be used for AR testing, research and typing papers. Our catalog is now on Destiny which can be accessed from both the Media Center and the student’s home through the Internet.
- Check-in/Check-out - 8:55am to 3:35pm (with a pass)
- Accelerated Reader Tests may be taken between 8:30 and 8:55 with a pass OR during your reading class.
Accelerated Reader Quizzes
World Book Products
- Enter and exit through the front door only.
- Sit two per table (rectangle only) facing front.
- Gum, food items and drinks are not permitted.
- Chairs are to remain on the floor.
- No horseplay or loud talking.
- ID badge will be required for check-out.
- Two books per person.
- Students with overdue books or fines may not check out books.
Overdue, Lost or Damaged Books
- Overdue fines will be charged at a rate of $.05 per book per day.
- Students may not check out books if they have overdue, lost or damaged books.
- Payment for a book can be done in one sum or in payments.
- Students with overdue, lost or damaged books may not participate in extra school activities.
- If the book is found and returned in good condition, money will be refunded.
Reference books cannot be checked out. Copies from books or computers will be $.10 for black-and-white and $.25 for color. Copies will be made at the front desk.
Please do not reshelve books. Books returned to the shelves by media center users are sometimes misplaced. Place books you don't want on a table.