School Policy & Procedures
Code of Conduct
The Polk County School Board's Student Code of Conduct explains in detail the district's expectations for student behavior and the consequences for breaking the rules. Getting to know the expectations and rules is important because all students must comply.
You can view the full text of the Student Code of Conduct in English, Spanish and Haitian Creole at the Polk County School Board's web site.
- Dark blue, black, or khaki/tan
- Traditional blue jean color for denim
- Must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
- Shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- No colored trim, stripe, embroidery, etc. (very small logos only)
- No sweat pants or overalls (overalls with shorts or pants)
- No holes allowed
- Belts are required if the garment has belt loops
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student's waist
- White or navy with collar, knit polo-type or woven dress shirts and turtlenecks
- Shirts must have sleeves
- No colored trim, stripe, decoration, etc. (very small logos only)
- School t-shirts
- All shirts must be tucked in at all times
- Team or activity shirts will be allowed on Fridays only
Jackets, sweaters, coats, etc.
- Any front-opening jacket/coat/cardigan is OK - defined as a garment that opens in front and is easily removed
- May not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
- Any pullover garment (sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt) must:
- have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt or
official school t-shirt underneath
must be solid white or solid navy (school sweatshirts OK)
- must not have any colored trim, stripe, decoration, etc.
- Students may not wear flannel shirts or similar garments as jackets
- Shoes that protect the feet
- Closed toe and closed back
- No flip flops, sandals, or slippers are permitted
Other dress code rules:
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
- Hats, du-rags, and sunglasses will not be worn on campus
- Students are not allowed to wear clothing, jewelry (body and facial piercings excluding earrings), buttons, tattoos, or other attire which are disruptive, offensive, suggestive or indecent.
School administrators have final authority to decide if clothing complies with district rules.
For more information, please refer to the district's Code of Student Conduct.