With the CLMS web site, we hope to provide our students with resources you can use to find out more about what's happening at school and to expand your world of learning using the Internet.
You’ll find links to things we’re doing at school, like Word Walls and FCAT questions – things to help you be prepared.
Now and then, we will add some articles about how you can reduce academic stress – and how your parents can help you with it. We’ll give information on subjects such as food and nutrition – things to help make you the “complete student.”
We will keep you informed about what’s going on in areas from academics to athletics.
You’ll find links to resources such as information for your Team, Internet resources recommended by your teachers and fun places for learning.
powered by Google Apps
MyPolkApps is a set of
collaboration tools, including email (students only), calendar, document
sharing services, and more powered by Google Apps. We think you'll find the
services to be an exciting way to communicate and collaborate with teachers
Click here to login!
Links for Students
The following links are recommended by CLMS teachers and staff for your enjoyment and edification:
- The Fact Monster - Facts and games featuring content for Social Studies, Math and Science
- Britannica Encyclopedia - Huge encyclopedia on-Line
- Roget’s Thesaurus - Find the synonym you're looking for.
- Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations - Find out what a famous person said about your subject of choice
- American Heritage Dictionary - On-line dictionary
- Rhyming Dictionary - Essential tool for poets and rappers
- Encyclopedia Mythica - Everything you ever wanted to know about myths from around the world
- The Library Spot - A gateway to library information
- Kids Click - Search engine built for kids by librarians
- FunBrain - Educational and fun
- Funschool - Educational Games
- Enchanted Learning - information on many subjects
- Ben's Guide to US Government
- Go West Across America with Lewis and Clark
- Social Studies for Kids
- A More Perfect Union
- National Geographic
- Presidents of the United States
- The History Channel
- Smithsonian Encyclopedia Online
- Country Studies
- Planet Diary
- Science Daily
- The Cell Cycle
- How Stuff Works
- Units Conversion
- Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- The Smithsonian Institution
- FCAT Explorer
- Figure This: Math Challenge for Families
- Prentice Hall Math
- Quick Math
- Ask Dr. Math
- Cool Math Sites
- A Plus Math
These links are for educational purposes and not meant as a commercial endorsement.
PCSB Student Resources
The Polk County School Board provides web links with valuable resources for students such as:
- Homework Help
- Kid-Friendly Search Engines
- On-Line Libraries
- College Prep and Scholarships
Florida’s Comprehensive Assessment (FCAT)
Site address: http://fcat.fldoe.org/fcat/
This site provides parents with a vast amount of resources such as: Preparing for the FCAT, Publications, Scores and Reports.
Site address: www.fcatexplorer.com
This site helps students learn more about and practice the skills tested on the FCAT. The site also provides a Parent and Family Guide, which includes details about both the reading and math practice programs.
Directions for students:
- Click the above link.
- Students LOG IN by typing their Last Name + Initial of First Name (Ex. SMITHJ)
- Enter PASSWORD which will be the student’s first 4 letter of the LAST NAME + the month + day of the birth date (Ex. SMIT0807)
For more information about the FCAT contact:
Office of Assessment and School Performance
Florida Department of Education
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 414
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Phone: (850) 245-0513 or Suncom 205-0513
Fax: (850) 245-0771