Welcome to Griffin Elementary School
"We will provide a cooperative learning environment that values all people. It will support life experiences involving risk taking and problem solving that will help us become life-long learners."
Dates To Remember
March 25-29 - SPRING BREAK
April 3rd - End of 3rd 9 weeks grading period
April 15-26 - FCAT Testing
April 19th - Report Cards
May 1st- Early Release
May 2nd- Class Pictures (students MUST be in uniform)
May 6th- Interim Reports
May 27th - No School
June 5th- Last day of school
Kindergarten Registration Month
Do you have, or know of an upcoming Kindergarten student? If so, March is Kindergarten Registration Month! Stop by our school office to register your upcoming Kindergarten student any time during the school day, March 1st – April 1st. To enroll your child, you must bring:
- a certified birth certificate
a current physical (dated within one year)
two proofs of residence
the proofs must be from different categories and show your name and physical address:
Apartment or home lease agreement, mortgage document, or property tax record
Current utility bill (electric, gas, phone, cable, water)
Voter registration document
Proof of government benefits (disability, Medicare, food stamps, Department of Children and Families (DCF) correspondence)
Code of Conduct and Other School Policy
School Uniform & Dress Code:
- Tops: Red, Navy Blue, or White
- Bottoms: Khaki, or Denim
Arrival and Dismissal
- Office Hours are from 7:45am to 4:00pm
- Breakfast will begin at 7:45 am.
- All students should be on campus and in classes by 8:00 am.
- All car & day care riders will be dismissed at 3:00pm.
- Walkers will be dismissed at 3:00pm
- Bus riders will be dismissed as busses arrive.
- No Students May be checked out between 2:30 to 3:00
Register your student for 2012-2013
Parents should register children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2012. The following documents are required for registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Physical dated within 12 months of registration
- Immunization Record issued on a blue card by a doctor or Health Department
- Proof of Residency
Please note the proofs must include name and physical address with whom the child is living. In order to register two different items are needed from the list below.
- Current Utility Bill such as electric, gas, water, cable
- Mortgage/Lease Agreement or Property Taxes
- Voter Registration Card
- Government Benefits such as food stamps, disability, Medicare