Welcome to our website!
New Start and Ending Times for 2013-2014
For August 18th -
In order to create uniformity throughout Polk County
Public Schools, school bell schedules will change beginning in the new
school year 2014 - 2015. Our new start time will be 8:00 AM and our
new end time will be 3:00 PM .
Jeans are no longer a part of our uniform dress code for 2014-2015.
The Uniform Dress Code does not
allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc.
It also does not provide for overalls
(overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc.
Bottoms: DRESS UNIFORM twill Pants or shorts (navy, khaki, black)
In addition for girls DRESS UNIFORM dress, skirt,
• must be plain uniform twill dress pants
• NO holes or cut offs allowed.
Tops: White, red, navy, burgundy,
hunter green with collar
• must have long or short sleeves
• knit polo-type or woven dress shirts, plain blouses
• School t-shirts are OK (available thru the school office)
Other dress code rules
• a belt is required if the garment has belt loops
• shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
• Hooded sweatshirts and coats are allowed but must comply with school top policy – zipper all the way down or buttons
• Hoods are not worn unless it is winter cold.
• shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
• clothing or footwear that is construed by the principal or designee as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others can be prohibited
• clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student's waist; clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
• school administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules
• open toe sandals or shoes are not allowed
• MANDITORY tennis shoes on PE days
FCAT News - from the Superintendent
Check out her video message here
Visiting our Cafeteria or Campus?
All visitors - Help keep our school safe. Please bring Government issued Photo ID and check in Front Office first. Guests may dine on the patio with their child only.
Parent Information on Cyber Bullying
- Standing Tall Newsletter - English
- Standing Tall Newsletter - Spanish
- Standing Tall Newsletter - Haitian Creole
Students start at 7:50 AM and are dismissed at 2:45 PM this year.
Help our school via DonorsChoose.org
We are a Tobacco - Free campus.
District Mobile App
Our 2013-2014 School Supply List
District Information Calendar
Lake Shipp Newsletters
Current Newsletter (May)
Our Lunch Menus Have you returned your forms for "Free and Reduced Meals"? Apply online now.
June Menu is "Managers Choice" subject to availability
- Subject to change without notice.
Tag Art for Sale . Get yours now ! Support our school. http://www.polktaxes.com/kidtags/kidstagart.asp
March 3 to April 7 - Kindergarten Round Up Month - Are you pre-registered?
April 7 - Kindergarten Pre Registration Round Up Ends
May 26 - No School - Memorial Day Holiday
May 29 - "Accelerated Reader" Carnival
May 30 - No Uniform Tee Shirt Today (NUTT)
May 30 - Fourth Grade to Orlando Science Center
June 4 - Class Parties (Store bought items only)
June 4 - Awards Assemblies
Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd at 9:00 AM
3rd and 4th Grades at 10:00 AM
June 5 - Student and Paras Last Day
Fifth Grade Assembly - Remember to RSVP
June 6 - Teacher's Work Day
August 14 - Student Orientation - TBA
August 18 - Students Return to Class
"Box Tops" to Help our