- 9/1/14- Student / Teacher Holiday
- 9/18/14-Distribute Interims - students will take home the 1st 9 week interims
- 9/22/14- Student Holiday / Teacher Work Day
- 10/20/14- Student Holiday / Teacher Work Day
End of 1st 9-Weeks Period
Fine Arts Application 2014-2015
McLaughlin Fine Arts Academy is an arts integrated middle school for students in the Lake Wales area. The Fall of 2014, the school began auditions for accelerated course work in the areas of visual arts, theatre arts, dance and music for 6th through 8th grade students.
Students may audition for up to two of the following arts departments: band, chorus, dance guitar, strings, theatre arts and visual arts.
Please follow the procedures described in the following arts application.
McLaughlin Registration 2014-2015
- Registration Application 6th (PDF)- registration for 6th grade
- Registration Application 7th (PDF) - registration for 7th grade
- Registration Application 8th (PDF) - registration for 8th grade
- PE Waiver Form (PDF) - Senate Bill 610 / Physical Education Requirements
Dress for Success "2014-15"
Uniform Shirts, slacks, shorts, and jackets will NOT be sold at school
Uniforms can be purchased in stores and online
KHAKI (TAN) OR BLACK BOTTOMS ONLY
SHORTS/CARGO SHORTS/SKIRTS MUST GO TO THE KNEE
Jeans(FRIDAY ONLY), NO tight or skinny pants/shorts, NO leggings/jeggings, and NO frayed shorts
6th Grade 7th Grade 8th Grade
6th-Hunter Green 7th-Burgundy 8th-Navy Blue
ALL SHIRTS MUST BE A POLO SHIRT. 6TH GRADE will wear Hunter Green only, 7TH GRADE will wear Burgundy only AND 8TH GRADE will wear Navy Blue. ALL SHIRTS MUST BE PLAIN WITH NO WRITING OR EMBLEMS
NO T-SHIRTS may be worn except the “I AM” t-shirt on Fridays only.
Students will be able to purchase the “I AM” t-shirt in August at McLaughlin. This t-shirt can be worn on Fridays only with Blue Jeans. This is the official shirt for all FIELD TRIPS as well.
ALL JACKETS MUST BE HOODLESS and can be any COLOR.
Jackets MUST ZIP, BUTTON, OR SNAP
Contact the school at 678-4233 with QUESTIONS
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
- Employment Opportunities / Nondiscrimination Statement - District Information