- 4/14 to 5/9- FCAT & EOC Testing / All grade levels
- 5/1 & 5/2- USHER Music Leadership 101 Training / The training, led by college students, is a blended model that integrates technology with in-person activities and instruction. Addition information can be found in the Media Release.
Fine Arts Application 2014-2015
McLaughlin Fine Arts Academy is an arts integrated middle school for students in the Lake Wales area. The Fall of 2014, the school began auditions for accelerated course work in the areas of visual arts, theatre arts, dance and music for 6th through 8th grade students.
Students may audition for up to two of the following arts departments: band, chorus, dance guitar, strings, theatre arts and visual arts.
Please follow the procedures described in the following arts application.
USHER Media Information
Consent and Waiver's for Usher's New Look Launch at McLaughlin is Due April 28th. You don't want to miss The Launch on May 1st & 2nd here at McLaughlin!!!
McLaughlin Registration 2014-2015
- Registration Application 6th (PDF)- registration for 6th grade
- Registration Application 7th (PDF) - registration for 7th grade
- Registration Application 8th (PDF) - registration for 8th grade
- PE Waiver Form (PDF) - Senate Bill 610 / Physical Education Requirements
Book of the Month
"One for the Murphys"
Twelve-year-old Carley Connors can take a lot. Growing up in Las Vegas with her fun-loving mother, she's learned to be tough. But she never expected a betrayal that would land her in a foster care. When she's placed with the Murphys, a lively family with three boys, she's blindsided. Do happy families really exist? Carley knows she could never belong in their world, so she keeps her distance.
It's easy to stay suspicious of Daniel, the brother who is almost her age and is resentful she's there. But Mrs. Murphy makes her feel heard and seen for the first time, and the two younger boys seem determinded to work their way into her heart. Before she knows it, Carley is protected the boys from a neighbourhood bullly and even teaching Daniel how to play basketball. Then just when she's feeling like she could truly be one of the Murphys, news from her mother shakes her world.
McLaughlin Phoenix Newsletter
|Aug.Phoenix Newsletter 2013||Sept. Phoenix Newsletter 2013||Oct. Phoenix Newsletter 2013||Nov. Phoenix Newsletter 2013||Dec. Phoenix Newsletter 2013||Jan. Phoenix Newsletter 2014|
|Feb. Phoenix Newsletter 2014||March Phoenix Newsletter 2014||April Phoenix Newsletter 2014||May Phoenix Newsletter 2014||June Phoenix Newsletter 2014||July Phoenix Newsletter 2014|
The American Medical Association has determined that bullying is a public-health issue with short and long term consequences for everyone involved. Click here to access the district website for the most current information, resources, and reporting procedures.
- Employment Opportunities / Nondiscrimination Statement - District Information