Making Tracks Towards Excellence
Mulberry High School serves just over 1000 students in the greater Mulberry area. The faculty and staff at MHS are dedicated and determined to provide a rigorous and relevant education to Mulberry's high school-aged students. Winners are We....Mulberry!
Announcement for Parents of Students enrolled in the Agile Minds Intensified Algebra 1 Course
The Math Department has developed an online practice assessment for the Florida State Assessment and the End-of-Course test for Algebra 1. Every student enrolled in Intensified Algebra 1 has access to this online assessment and is strongly encouraged to attempt the practice test and review course material from the beginning of the year. Beginning April 22nd, students will be taking the actual Algebra 1 Florida State Assessment (FSA) or the End-of-Course (EOC) test. Time is short and we are requesting your support in encouraging your student to take the practice test.
2015 Senior Calendar
Click on the following link to access the 2015 Senior Calendar, a compilation of events, dates, and information for our graduating seniors. 2015 Senior Calendar
MHS National Honor Society
Congratulations to the thirty new members that were inducted into the Mulberry Chapter of the National Honor Society on Thursday, April 16th. The following new inductees were selected by the Faculty Council based on the 4 standards of NHS - Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Citizenship:
Congratulations to Paula De la Torre!
We are pleased to announce that Paula De la Torre has been selected to serve with Lakeland UthMpact. UthMpact is a group of young teen leaders committed to delivering key substance abuse prevention messages to other teens. This group has developed an anti-tobacco and underage drinking prevention program, currently in Polk County middle and high schools. Their goals are to provide positive community engagement; change community stereotypes about teen drug use by volunteering, informing, and being educated; set examples for other teens; and increase membership and involvement with youth clubs in high schools. We are proud of Paula and know that she will represent Mulberry High School very well!
MHS is happy to announce that the following seniors have been awarded scholarships for college:
MHS JROTC Drill Team
Congratulations to the JROTC Drill Team for their performance this past weekend at the Florida State Drill Meet! The team received 2nd and 4th place trophies. Thirty-five schools competed at this event. The next competition for the Drill Team will be the Nationals on May 2nd. Good luck to our Drill Team - you always make us proud!
MHS Track Team News
The MHS Track Team competed last Thursday at the District Meet. Congratulations to the following athletes:
Congratulations to Cayla Benjamin, Skyler Palacios, and Jessica Kiefer!
Cayla and Skyler passed their MOS Industry Certification exam in MS 2013 Word. In addition, Jessica passed the Microsoft Office Specialist exam. Job well done!
Congratulations to the following seniors who have been accepted to college. We wish them the best of luck!
- Gelimar Montes - University of Alabama
- Carlee Taphorn - University of South Florida
- Hanna Kell - University of South Florida
- Laurin Davis - Florida Southern College
- Shaila Warren - University of New York at Buffalo
- Marqualis Williams - Florida State University and The University of Florida
- Rebecca Schemp - Academy of the Arts in San Francisco, CA
- Ra'Keshia Johnson - Johnson and Wales University
- Samuel Rose - Southeastern University
- Paola Rosado - Miami International University of Art and Design
- Paige Coiana - Valencia Community College West
- Jared Taylor - Florida Polytechnic University
- Ayesha Mapp - Edward Waters College and Florida Memorial University
- Ashaley Williams - Edward Waters College
- Alisha Mason - Edward Waters College
- Tyrik Johnson - Edward Waters College and Johnson and Wales University
- Raymond Woodruff - University of Central Florida and Florida State University
- Briana Thomas - Edward Waters College
- Danielle Steck - Polk State College
- Allison Hallman - Florida State University
- Lorenz Berry - Webber International University
- Trevor Garmon - Southeastern University
- Chelsi Oswald - University of South Florida
- Jessica Kiefer - University of South Florida
- Alyssa Rager - Pierce College (California)
- Kailyn Ramos - Polk State College
Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
The School Nutrition Department will offer families the option of applying for free and reduced price meals through an on-line application. Paper applications will still be available for families who do not have internet access. On-line applications will greatly reduce the time that teachers and staff spend handling paper applications as well as the expense of printing. Most importantly, students will be approved for meal benefits much quicker.
Athletic Eligibility Forms
Preparticipation Physical Evaluation-EL2 and the Consent/Release from Liability Certificate-EL3. These two forms required by the FHSAA before a student-athlete can participate in any type of conditioning, workout, practices or contests are only available at each high school in the office of the athletic director. These two forms must be turned in directly to the Athletic Director. These forms contain additional statements which are specific to the School District of Polk County which require the signatures of the parent/guardian and student-athlete. For that reason, please do not download the EL2 and EL3 forms from the FHSAA website.
The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal
Parents can now access their student's information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child's current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom - all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this service!
- April 25 - Junior/Senior Prom, Lake Ashton Country Club in Lake Wales
- May 22 - Last Day for Seniors
- May 25 - School Holiday, Memorial Day
- May 27 - Senior Meeting, MHS Auditorium
- May 29 - Senior Awards Night, MHS Auditorium
- May 31 - Baccalaureate Service, MHS Auditorium
- June 1 - Graduation, Lakeland Center
- June 4 - Early Dismissal Day, Last Day for Students, End of 4th 9-Week Grading Period, End of 2nd Semester
- June 5 - Teacher Work Day