Online GED Preparation Course
Study for your High School Diploma Using your own Computer!
- Please call East Area Adult School at 863.965.5475 for information on the GED and Online GED Preparation Course.
- You can enroll at anytime
- No Classes to attend
- Coursework completed at your pace and your place
- GED Practice test available within the coursework
- You have an instructor to mentor you through the online course
The GED (General Educational Development) course is designed to prepare individuals who have not graduated from high school to demonstrate the attainment of high school-level skills.
GED preparation courses are free of tuition charges. Although not required, examinees are encouraged to enroll in GED preparation courses. Individuals passing the GED test are awarded the State of Florida high school diploma.
GED: TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) is required. Required level 9 scores for all TABE Assessment areas.
Tuition and Course Fees:
Applicable fees include:
The State of Florida has mandated that all adult school students pay a tuition fee. The fee will be
- $45.00 Per Half-Year (for in-state residency)
- $180.00 Per Half-Year (for out-of state residency)
NEW STUDENTS will have to show documentation to prove in-state residency.
- Call East Area Adult School at 863.965.5475 for information.
- Student must be 18 years or older
- Take TABE Assessment or Present recent TABE Assessment scores (within 1.5 years) [Minimum TABE Scores Required]
For other GED Programs in Polk County, please visit the following websites.
TABE Assessment Required
- Online GED prep course require level 9 TABE scores.
- Online GED student must be 18 years or older.
- TABE Assessment Schedule
- TABE Fee: $15.00