On this page you will find a host of resources to help keep you informed and up to date!
Parents forms- Click HERE to see a list of forms for students and parents.
- Accelerated Reader Information
- Grade Level Web Sites
- Parent Institute- A wonderful resource with tips, ideas, and information on helping your child succeed. You can sign up to receive a parenting tip of the day. Go and check it out!
- Internet Safety
- School Accountability
- Psychological Services Newsletters
- Student Progression Plan- The Student Progression Plan provides information regarding how students will be promoted in Polk County. Click on Student Progression Plan to learn more.
- Dress Code
- Fundraisers-Spook Hill is continuously involved in helping our community. Currently we are participating in a can food drive for the Lake Wales Care Center. We are also participating in the Pasta for Pennies fundraiser sponsored by the Olive Garden. This fundraiser benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Click on Fundraisers to learn about ways to help out our school.
Polk County Public Schools has the ability to create accounts for all students to allow for collaborative sharing using our custom implementation of Google Apps for Education, myPolkApps. These accounts will be used for school related projects. The rules governing proper electronic communications by students are included in the Technology Acceptable Use Policy that is part of the Student Code of Conduct. Once accounts are assigned, students gain access to the wealth of collaborative tools available through Google Apps. However, no student will be assigned an account without parent or guardian approval. Spook Hill Elementary will be implementing this in the 2012-2013 School year. For more information read the permission forms linked below or visit PCSB's Google Apps Announcement page
District Parent Involvement Plan
- Spook Hill Elementary Parent Involvement Plan
- Spook Hill Elementary School-Parent Compact
- The Florida Parental Information and Resource Center- Provides information on receiving free training, resources and assistance to support your child's learning. Additional information can also be found at www.floridapirc.usf.edu.
- Spook Hill News Click here to purchase a copy of a daily news show. all proceeds go to support the ITV program. Donations are acceptable.
- Chess Club
- Math Party Challenge
- School Accountability
MyPolkSchools Parent Portal
- Parents can now access their student’s information from any computer with an internet connection. The MyPolkSchools Parent Portal allows parents to check current grades, obtain immunization status, learn if their child had any recorded discipline or attendance issues throughout the day, check their child’s current lunch account balance, and even see what their child purchased in the lunchroom – all before their child comes home from school. Click here for more information on this exciting new service!
Renaissance Place: Accelerated Reader/ Math Facts in a Flash
Renaissance Home Connect improves the school-to-home connection by allowing parents and students to log in to a website and view their student’s reading and math practice and progress towards goals. Access to online results promotes discussion between parent and student, which motivates students and can make reading and math practice even more effective. In addition, parents can specify up to six email addresses to receive automatic updates on their student’s math and reading progress.
Stay connected, download the information sheet here
Learn how to sign-in to student programs here
Updated Aug. 3rd 2010