Welcome to Southwest Elementary School
Thank you for visiting our Southwest Elementary website!
We hope you will find it informative and helpful. We are extremely proud of the program offered here for our students and families and we encourage you and your child to participate as fully as possible.
We are looking forward to the 2013-2014 school year to be another wonderful year at Southwest Elementary!
Mission Statement: Southwest Elementary will nurture academic excellence and integrity by promoting a passion for learning in a safe environment.
Polk County Public Schools will again allow parents and guardians the option to register their kids online over the course of a month-long registration period referred to as Kindergarten Registration Round-Up. Parents will also have the option to register in-person at their zoned school. Parents and guardians are being urged to sign up beginning Monday, March 3 until the registration period ends on Monday, April 7. Students entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before September 1, 2014.
Kindergarten Registration Begins Monday, March 3, 2014
for Students New to Kindergarten in the 2014-2015 School Year
To enroll a new kindergarten student, parents and guardians must present the following:
(1) legal proof of age (i.e. a birth certificate or baptismal certificate), a current physical exam dated within the last 12 months and a certificate of immunization (Florida Department of Health form 680) showing all shots including second MMR, polio, DPT/DTaP, Hepatitis B series and second varicella or signed proof of chicken pox. For further information about documentation requirements, parents and guardians are being asked to contact the elementary school.
(2) Two proofs of residency from two different categories are also required: mortgage document, property tax record, home or apartment lease agreement; a current utility bill (electric, gas, phone, water, cable); current voter registration document; proof of government benefits (Medicare, disability, food stamps, HRS correspondence); Current Florida Driver’s License, Automobile Registration or Automobile Insurance.
Steps for In-Person Registration
- Gather the necessary documents.
- Visit the school your student is zoned for to obtain a paper enrollment packet.
- Complete all information and return to school.
Steps for Online Registration
- Gather the necessary documents. If your student is currently enrolled in a Polk County PreK or VPK program, you can’t register online.
- Log in using an existing Parent Portal account or create an account by visiting the Parent Portal website at:
https://parent.mypolkschools.net or www.polk-fl.net Keyword Search: Enroll
- Click the menu item titled “Pre-Registration” then follow the on-screen prompts.
- If assistance is needed during this process, contact the Polk County Public Schools’ IST Help Desk at 863.519.8040 or HelpDesk@polk-fl.net.
For additional questions about Kindergarten Registration contact Polk County Public Schools’ Office of Pupil Accounting at 863.534.0716 or Southwest Elementary at 863.499.2830
High Frequency Words
How YOU can help our school:
Business and Community Partnerships - click here for more information about joining our school as a partner.
Digital Wish- Digital Wish is a non-profit with a unique mission to modernize K-12 classrooms and prepare students for tomorrow's workforce. Like a gift registry, teachers create wish lists of technology products for their classroom. Donors then connect with their favorite schools and grant classroom wishes through online cash or product donations - thus improving the access to modern technology in classrooms.
Monday-Friday, March 24-28, 2014 ~ SPRING BREAK
Monday, April 14, 2014 ~ Report Cards
Friday, April 18, 2014 ~ Holiday
Monday, May 26, 2014 ~ Holiday
Thursday, June 5, 2014 ~ Last day for students