Important Dates and Information
- Friday, May 2nd - Grad Bash at Universal Studios
- Sunday, May 25th @4:00 PM - Baccalaureate at Auburndale Life Church
Senior dues are $10.00, please pay these if you have not already done so.
President – Tiffany Chantharasinh
Vice President – Zach Boyd
Secretary – Kristy Lemere
Treasurer – Austin Griffis
Grad Bash is May 2nd and the cost is $80.00. Please see Ms.
Attinger if you would like to set up a payment plan, or if you have any
Check out balfourfl.com for all you senior year needs. They are the official supplier for Announcements, Rings, Letter Jackets, and Caps & Gowns. They will be on campus at various time throughout the year.
Advice for Senior Parents
Yes, there are things you can do to help your senior prepare for continuing their education after high school.
- It is important to attend financial aid presentations and career day functions WITH your student. Many of these events will be held in the evenings and on weekends. If you don't know when they're scheduled, contact your son or daughter's high school counselor. (Attend these events even if you did so last year or with a different student - there is new information all the time!)
- Ask them monthly, "Have you been to the Mapping Your Future websites? What are you working on and what scholarships have you applied for?"
- Sit down with your student and prepare a list of what he/she is looking for in a college and then help him/her sort through the information they receive from the different institutions to decide which ones offer what's on the list.
- Complete applications with the student.
- In November, register for a PIN so you can assist your student with financial aid forms.
- In January or February, you will need to help your student complete the FAFSA. Your PIN will help speed up the process.
- In March, the award notices will start coming in. Look at the financing carefully and contact the schools with any questions. Make comparisons!
- Go on trips with your student to as many of his or her top school choices as possible. A visit to the campus is invaluable to making a decision.
- Hug them, send them on their way, BUT don't change the locks - they'll be back!
Class Sponsor: Ms. Attinger